Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Sparkling Moment!


You know, I wear large rings and sometimes - okay most of the time - lots of jewelry and everywhere I go, I receive so many compliments on that jewelry.

Yesterday, while grocery shopping, the gal checking me out commented on a ring I was wearing. "Oh! I LOVE that ring you're wearing! It's SO pretty! I wish I could wear rings but I can't; my fingers are too short and stubby." I grabbed her hand, looked at her fingers and argued that she could wear anything she wanted to wear!!

After I paid my bill and was with both hands on the cart getting ready to head away from her counter, the Lord "quickened my spirit" and quicker than I knew what I was doing, I had turned back around, pulled the ring off my finger and laid it on her counter in front of her. She blurted out, "Oh, my gosh! I, I, I didn't mean for you to ... give me your ring!" I turned around and said, "WEAR IT NOW! PROMISE YOU'RE GOING TO WEAR IT!" She smiled a huge smile and called out across the store, "Thank you, thank you!"

The Lord certainly knows how to make my day; that was the best feeling! To see her face light up like that - priceless.

Later in the evening, the Lord began to minister to me more about that situation. He said, "Ginger, you gave her a temporal 'jewel' today! What if you had given her an 'eternal jewel'?

My heart sank and I wept, as I cried out before Him, "Lord, forgive me, please forgive me Father for withholding the 'good thing' from her!"

How many times people have commented on my appearance lately and on my jewelry. Each time, I could have used those compliments, as an open door to share the "eternal jewel" with them. I knew that He was ministering, even more to me, the reason He had chosen: Trunk Treasures/Eternal Jewels Sparkling - Teaching Moments with Izzy Herriette & Co. I could see more revelation of where He's leading with this.

God is so, so GOOD! He is our ETERNAL JEWEL SPARKLING!

I will share more in days to come.

Blessings to each of you.

Izzy Herriette & Co/Ginger Renken

No comments:

Post a Comment